Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Promises, Promises

Well, where does the time go?? Does this mean I am getting older?? Well, yes it does!! My birthday was last week and my husband and I took a little road trip to NYC for a few days!!! It was so much fun. Basically, we saw shows and ate! Since I don't want to type all the happenings from last week again....you can read them here!

Since this is a knitting blog, have I been knitting?? You betcha!! I am making the "Cozy" shawl from Knitty magazine. I love the pattern...except......I am using sportweight yarn. While very dleicate looking and pretty, it is exceptionally s-l-o-w! The five skeins of Lorna's Laces Sport, rolled into balls, looks pretty daunting in the basket. Hopefully I will not need all five skeins, becuase the colorway would look rockin' in the "Branching Out" scarf!!

And I know it is August, but I need to get my Christmas list going and see what I need to make, and who I need to make things for! I was thinking that the One Skein clutches were so fun to make (and I did hit the wholesale button shops in the Fashion district while I was in NYC!) and too cute, I might make a few of those. Use up the wool I have accumulated!

Which leads me to the tutorial. My goal was to have it done last week before I left, but obviously, I didn't so......I uploaded the pictures, now I just need to crop and label them and type out the directions.....this week...and that's a promise!!!