Friday, November 03, 2006

52 days!!!

Ok, I'll admit it, my favorite things to knit these days are accessories. I know, not the most challenging of items unless you are knitting gloves, with the fingers...... but I love 'em. Quick projects are like the instant gratification you get while going through a drive thru.... "I'd like a hat, and two scarves, please"...."drive up to the window"...... :) (Can you tell I've been through a drive thur or two in my time????) And I do NOT knit socks...that's a whole new obession that I'd rather not take on. Sock knitting has come so far these days but I refuse to get lured in by some pretty yarn and hand dyes...... I refuse.

So, we're leaving again for a meeting for Mark. Which means I will be sightseeing, absorbing local color (say it like Ricky Ricardo), and hopefully knitting. I have four, count 'em F-O-U-R balls of Lorna's Laces Worsted and a goal......make as many "Sugar on Snow" neck gaiters, cowls, or warmers (whatever you call them) as fast as I can. Did you know there is only 52 days left until Christmas....FIFTY TWO people!!!!!! So, this is going to be my gift this year........... If I spoiled your gift for you this year.......well, deal with it. I'm hooked on these darn things and I will knit them until I cannot see straight. I am waiting for some beads I ordered from a lampworking friend to arrive so I can make coordinating jewelry....there I've gone and spoiled the ENTIRE gift!!!! I will be back on Wednesday with pictures......and knitted items...... and maybe a story or two......

Knit on people...you have 52 days!!! :)