Friday, November 17, 2006

Long time, no knit!!

I know, I know, it has been a long time. I have been knitting......and there will be pictures but not with this weather. It has been horrible since I have returned from my trip. No seriously the rain and cloudy days are getting to me. What happened to those crisp fall days out on the deck in a comfy sweater knitting in the sunshine. And to top it off, it is WARM....almost 70!!! (Oh, I am in New England not Texas!!)

So, knitting, what, when and why????

I have been making the Sugar on Snow from Knitty like mad!! I have three done , all in Lorna's Laces wonderful colorways!! They are for gifts....not if I can just add some matching earrings they will be ready to go!!

Bath mitts. Does anyone else get the Martha Stewart Holiday magazine. Worht the $7 or whatever the cost!! Typically I am NOT a fan, but this issue might turn me into a Martha groupie!! It does have some knitting content in it too, BUT there is a recipe for bath fizzies in it, that when paired with a bath mitt, make a wonderful gift!!!

And finally, the "Ball Band" dishcloths from MDK!! I LOVE making them and decided to make a few. Again, a nice gift when paired with some nice kitchen soap (Bath and Body Works or Williams Sonoma) all in a cute basket!!!

I also joined the Monthly Dishcloth KnitAlong!!! What a fun group!! I even found a super pattern that I am going to make a BIG bunch of for a friend who just moved into a new house! Oh I am terrible.....I am not saying what or who because she "might" read this and I really want this to be a surprise!!!!

So there you have it. If it ever stops raining I will get some pictures........or I will be on the news, floating in a row boat down my street....... knitting..........