Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I am weak.......

The muse and the mojo are back in sync again...ahhhhh....and I am working my way throught he Mason Dixon baby bibs!!! Admittedly, while boring and ultra simple, they are PERFECT for getting the creative juices flowing again and addictive little suckers to say the least. For my sample, I crocheted a wee edge along the border...cute. I will take pictures when I am done. I think they will be sweet, done up in ribbons in a little basket......(I'll take a picture)

And I am weak to the call of fiber.....I don't know what it is, the touch, the smell, the compulsive need to purchase things..I dunno. But I was catching up on my blog reading and saw the Mason Dixon blog today and the GLORIOUS scarf made with sea silk. Oh yah, I MUST have some. I have been dying to try out this yarn.....and decided I will buy TODAY, NOW, IMMEDIATELY. I did some searchin' and found a woman in Maine who sells the pattern and the yarn on ebay. With PRIORITY mail shipping because (ahem) I need it NOW. And I started thinking I don't live all THAT far from Maine (about 4 hours) so I could drive up there...ok, I am ahead of myself now, I don't need it THAT BADLY!!! I must finish the baby bibs first....yes, I must! Ok, so it is on it's way.......woo hoo.........And it is lace weight and you know what that means....lots of knitting, on one single skein....love those little needles. That is how I learned to knit, so I prefer tiny needles over the BIG honkin' ones (which to me is ANYTHING bigger than size 11). (And I'll take a picture)

Well, that's about it. I think I should make some supper.........or else Mark will come home to a kitchen table full of yarn, as opposed to a kitchen table full of food. I think he prefers the latter......