Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Finished Project. Can You Believe It???

Ok, faithful readers, at least I hope you still stop by here to read my blog, here is proof I have been knitting. Naturally it is not much, but here is my completed dog sweater. Or as I call it Dog Sweater Version 1.0.
The Book: Dogs in Knits by Judith L Swartz
The Pattern : Basic Knitted Dog Sweater
The Yarn: Ella Rae Classic in Mauve
The Needles: Size 7 Bamboo

I did a slight modification to the pattern by adding a crochet edge around the arm openings and bottom. (Hence the Version 1.0) It was an easy knit and this pattern is the perfect jump off point for a whole wardrobe of funky dog wear! For the next one, I will use smaller needles, for more stitch definition and a tighter ribbing. I will also decrease the size of the back, it is a tad long and gets caught in her curly pug tail. There were no complaints from the recipient however, and she was very willing to sit for the fitting!!

I have made other goodies too, but I need to get pictures of them. I just wanted to let you know I still knit and not just by yarn!!!