Monday, June 19, 2006

I have a new love.....

Well, it's Monday and that means a whole week of glorious yarns delievered by the US Postal Service....actually I am only waiting for one other package so far.... :) Today I got a package from Knit Pixie. First of all, these people have a great site and great yarns. Their emails and service were great and they're local people, so I have to support them, right??? And I shall because this will be the first order of many to come.

I have a new love. Remember last week when I fell in love with Lorna's Laces. Well, now it is Blue Sky Organic Cotton. I simply cannot get enough. In the words of my dear Secret Pal from One Skein, "You just want to eat it!!". And she is so right. I have tons of other cottons (I really should take a pciture of the stash, huh???I don't know if a wide angle lens is large enough") but this one takes the cake. Soft and just "plush".......sigh........I love it. I am a fickle yarn hoarder though. I find one I like, search and buy and hoarde and then move on!! I was like that with "Dune" by Trendsetters...which that will always be my favorite novelty yarn....and countless others. Unfortunately I don't have a taste for hoarding the inexpensive stuff, acrylic, NO WAY!! Although I do have some Sugar and Cream cotton, I do dig that too!!! But for the most part, I can easily walk out of a Michael's or Jo Ann Fabric with no yarn.......

I think I must simply try the BS Organic Cotton tonight.....and no, I have not finished the never- ending Lorna's Laces scarf yet....but the cotton is calling!!!