Sunday, May 13, 2007

May I be excused???

OK, people. What is it about the Chevron Scarf from "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" that makes my brain hurt. I ordered the Socks that Rock from the good people at Blue Moon Fiber Arts. Great People, Great Yarn. I wound it in a ball, and commenced knitting. The pattern, love it. Small needles, love it. The yarn combo I chose, not so much. It's pretty but not "Oh My GOD, Where did you get that scarf" pretty!!!! I'll get a picture of it today.

So, back to the Blue Moon website and the Flickr group to search for inspiration. I sat so long, I felt like this:
Why is it so impossible for me to come up with the "perfect" color combo for this project. After all, it is only a scarf, not a fair isle sweater which I will have for the next 50 years and hopefully hand it down to some well meaning recipient who will continue to wear it for another 50. It is a SCARF!!!! Sigh...... It is my stubbornness to come up with a unique (ie. MINE) color combo.

So, I ordered MORE yarn. And (hanging head in shame), I "borrowed" some color combos. If I used your combo, I am sorry. I am desperate here. Chances are very slim that we will be in the same place at the same time. And if we are, I will give you FULL credit for the fabulous colors!!!

And for those of you who I interested, I am starting an Argosy KAL soon. Next week to be specific, after I return from my trip!! Anyone in??? More on that later........