Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Yarnaholic!

Well, I ordered more yarn......I don't need any more yarn! (hanging head in shame) But, I couldn't help myself. I ordered MORE Lorna's Laces for this..... the Cozy Shawl from Knitty. I am always on the lookout for the perfect shawl! I think they are elegant and versatile and warm in the "in between" seasons. My wonderful Secret Pal friend in knitting sent me the link and exclaimed I just bought some Lorna's Laces and it is going to be so beautiful. Ok, shawl + Lorna's Laces does equal beauty! So I bought......

And I found another Shawl in the book Alterknits!! I especially love this one because it is a shawl AND a scarf attached with ribbons. Perfect for travel. I can just see myself at some exotic locale, with this gracefully draped over my shoulders!!! :) I decided on Knit Picks "Ambrosia" in the "fog" colorway which is a dignified grey tone. Hmmm.. sound slike I will be ordering more yarn again. Oh well, there are worse habits in life. Being a "yarnaholic" is ok.

And I started "Branching Out" from Knitty. I am using the bamboo yarn from the One Skein Swap! This is a fun highly addictive pattern. So, I am working on that while I wait for my yarn.......

My husband remarked today that I have been so into knitting, I haven't made jewelry in ages!! Well, he's partially correct. I did start the Fall Collection, but it still needs necklaces and earrings to round it out.....so I might have to put down the needles for my jewelry tools.......for a little while anyway!!!