Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I surrender!

Ok, I am hanging my head in shame right now...I didn't knit at all over this long weekend!! I know, no knitting......what is that about???? Honestly I TRIED!!! I guess it happens every once in awhile, you sit down and start a project...a mistake happens, you fix it and carry on...then another mistake. I actually kept casting on the wrong number of stitches several times in a row.....that was it. A sign from the knitting goddess to wave the white flag of surrender!!! So, I just sat there, staring blindly at the television watching the Boston Pops and Aerosmith...which I also never do.TV=Knitting and that's just how it is, an equation not to be messed with, like the theory of relativity. TV = Knitting . I didn't dare start anything complicated because the situation described above kept happening with a dishcloth...can you imagine if I started lace, or a sweater???.........I shudder to think of it. Today is a new day and maybe tonight some knitting will happen....maybe......

I mailed my final One Skein Secret Pal yarn package today!! So, the next package is a finished item, and I have a few other goodies planned for her. I don't think she reads the blog (my identity was blown along time ago!!) but I won't say whatt it is, just to be on the safe side (I'll snap a picture of it for here after I mail it away!!). I will say though, it is a project from the book, and it is the only pattern in the book she told me she liked, so let's hope she likes it in person! :) I want to have it in the mail August 1st (it is due anytime in August) because I am leaving on a long weekend trip to NYC on the 4th and I don't want it hanging over my head!!! I plan on getting it all set THIS week.....yes, THIS week!!!! Can you tell I am looking forward to it ending??? I don't think I'm cut out for Secret Pal clubs. Although I will say, the person who has me as a pal is so sweet and I love the things she sends (Hi Lynnea)!!! I might try a knit along next. I can't help it, I am just NOT a joiner.........

I am hoping to change up this blog a bit soon. I have not sat down to work on it....even though I said I was going to but, hey, if you can't knit a simple dishcloth, what makes you think you can play with HTML......my blog would look pretty bad, and that I am sure of.....

I think I will go wind up some of my Lorna's Laces yarn and sit down after supper for some relaxing (??) knitting time.........